We've undertaken a new sport at our house. Couch-jumping (and/or falling). The rules are such:
- Get a cape. This will usually involve begging your mom to tie a blanket around your neck. She may or may not do this for you, seeing how it terrifies her that you will somehow manage to strangle yourself.
- Climb to the couch arm. This may be done by simply climbing it, or you may climb straight up to the back of the couch and walk all the way around to the arm. either way is fair.
- Proclaim loudly to anyone who in a 3
mile radiusthe room "I'm Superman" or "My do my!"
- Bend your knees, spread your arms, and jump as far as you can
- Then get down and give your sister a chance.
There are new rules that get added and discarded almost constantly (like putting toys or books on the couch and you "win" them if you can jump that far or you must sit here in this chair while waiting your turn. No you can't sit there. WAH!!), but these basic ones stay the same. It has provided hours of entertainment. And the laughter has almost convinced me it's worth it to let you tie something around your neck then climb around and try to kill yourself.
Need some visuals (These were shot pre-cape discovery)?
Also, I have re-learned that kids trying to jump before they are physically able to are just hilarious and cute.
*Although Ally won't let me call her that. Superman is Superman - no matter whether he's a girl or not.