April 5th, Anya had a 6 month checkup on her ears with the Nurse practitioner at the ENT office. Everything looked great. The tube is still out of her right ear and still in her left. ($20)
April 7th, she started screaming all night becasue her right ear hurt. Took her to back to the nurse practitioner who prescibed Augmentin. Augmentin hasn't worked for Anya for a long time. BUT! She also hasn't been on an antibiotic for a long time, so possibly it would reset and magically be effective. Whatever. We had to put drops in her other one, because she thought the tube might be clogged and the drops would help disolve the crap. ($20 + $10)
April 23 she had a followup with the nurse practitioner. Still had an infection in the right. Prescription for Omnicef. Another 10 days of medicine. ($20 + $10)
May 10 she had a followup with the Dr (finally) herself. ($20) Infection is cleared up, but still has fluid. Tube on left is useless. Needs new tubes in both sides. Appointment set for June 18. But what do we do if when she has an infection between now and then? nada. zip. nil. No contingency plan. We have to bring her in again.
Guess what happened last night? Guess what the office wants me to do? Guess how cooperative I was?
I'm so pissed off. I called the primary care doc after getting the runaround form the ENT office, and am waiting to hear back. She was seen a week and a half ago. It's obvious what's going on. The history is there. I'm just hoping they are more reasonable, because I can't afford to take more time off work. I'm going to have to go to Prompt Care after hours and get told the same thing I already know, and take that much longer for Anya to start getting rid of the pain, which is just less sleep that either one of is will be getting tonight.
I'm going to scream.